The type of personal information we collect
We collect personal details, such as contact information and information relating to your claim or survey.
How we obtain the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you, whether that be by telephone, e-mail, face-to-face or through our website. However, information may also be gathered from Insurers, Insurance Brokers, third parties and any others involved in your claim/audit.
How we use the information given to us
We use the information given to us in order to investigate your claim and may share it with various interested parties, as necessary. These may be insurers, brokers, and other stakeholders involved in handling claims or surveys.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
There is no charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a data access request.